What does your child need for school?
- A BACK PACK – A back pack is necessary so that that it can be slipped onto your child’s back and still leave his/her hands free. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE BACK PACK IS LARGE ENOUGH TO FIT AT LEAST AN 8 ½ X 11” PIECE OF PAPER EASILY.
- A CHANGE OF CLOTHING – Please send in a complete change of clothing to school in a small plastic bag with your child’s name. Be sure to include underwear, socks, shirts, pants. This clothing will remain at school. Please make sure that as the weather changes; your child has an appropriate change of clothing as well. If this or any other clothing comes home with your child, please wash them and return them to school as soon as possible.
- A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION FORM– All students must have a current (within one year) physical examination form on file before the start of school. If your child is a returning student, please check with your child’s teacher to make sure the form is up to date. If not, please make sure the exam is renewed within 30 days.
- A “SPECIAL” SHIRT – All students will need a t-shirt with his/her name on the front, which will be used for Music and Movement, as well as other special programs held at school. Please make sure your child’s name is printed in large letters on the front. These shirts will be worn in school only and will not be used on field trips.
- AN ART SMOCK – One of the best art smocks we have found is an old, small adult buttoned shirt. The sleeves should be cut to the proper length to make long sleeves for your child. The sleeve edge can be folded over or sewn. This smock will be worn with the buttons on the back. A plastic apron with sleeves may be used as well. Please make sure your child’s name is on his/her smock.
- DIAPER WIPES – We are asking that each family contribute one box of wipes (baby) for the classroom. Children who are in diapers and pull ups will need to have them replenished as needed. If your child must use a special type of wipe due to allergies or sensitivities, please inform his/her teacher so that these wipes are kept separate.
- *ONLY FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE IN DIAPERS OR PULL UPS* – A child wearing diapers or pull ups should send in five (5) disposable diapers/pull ups. These will remain at school and when more ore needed, your child’s teacher will contact you.
Print off a printable version of this list here: What does your child need for school